InfoSec People, the IT Security Recruitment experts, are seeking a Lead Cyber Research & Software Vulnerability expert for an excellent opportunity with a major IT & Security Consultancy business to lead and develop a niche team of Security & Vulnerability professionals in brand new offices based in Cheltenham
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead the development of a brand new Software Vulnerability Research Team whilst continuing to contribute through advanced thought leadership to solve the most challenging current cyber security issues. You will work in collaboration with external customers, the wider industry and with the company’s subject matter experts worldwide.
Working within a leading edge environment, this position will challenge the standard protocols of Software & Cyber Security engineering. You will utilise your knowledge & research into offensive security to improve tools & techniques in defensive security. You will be involved in challenging cyber software security problems, both defeating and developing new & advanced security techniques. Projects will be undertaken in small teams to quickly enhance capabilities or resolve issues in existing tools, whilst working with world leading Technical Experts within the wider company.
Your responsibilities will include leading the Cyber Software Vulnerability Research Team in the investigation of vulnerabilities in software systems and software products, mentoring members of the research team, as well as building the team’s size and capabilities. Key areas of focus are:
• Reverse engineering
• Vulnerability assessments
• Wireless and network communications
• Discovering Zero Day vulnerabilities
• Mobile/Embedded development
• Win32/Linux Kernel development
• Constraint solving
You must have experience in the following areas:
• Extensive software development experience in C, C++
• Excellent understanding of OS internals
• Very good practical knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems
• Extensive binary reverse engineering
• Extensive debugging experience with tools such as; Windbg, Ollydbg, Immunity or gdb
• Extensive experience with assembly (x86 or ARM)
In addition, you will have excellent written and oral communications, experience in customer facing roles with the ability to lead a team and work under pressure. You must be willing and able to gain UK Government Security Clearance
Other areas of experience which are desirable in this position are:
• Reverse Engineering or Vulnerability assessment experience would be advantageous.
• Good project management experience
• Experience of other scripting languages
• Recruiting and team building / mentoring experience
• BSc in Computing (or equivalent), desirable but not essential.
• In depth knowledge of virtualisation (VMWare or Hyper-V)
• Experience in software development in a military or Government project environment would be an advantage, but is not essential.
• A broad knowledge of Information Security “best practice” and a good practical understanding of software vulnerabilities would be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in Capture the Flag competitions
You will be a confident and communicative Cyber Security Expert looking to be involved in an exciting leadership role whilst still retaining your best-in-class security expertise as a Subject Matter Expert. You will get to work directly with UK Government teams as well as international business units.
Please send your CV to email@example.com for consideration in the first instance or call 01242 279 636 for further information.