With private and public sector reliance on computer technology, cyber security is becoming more and more critical. At the FBI, our priority is to protect the United States against cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes. As such, the FBI is seeking applicants with cyber skills to support a diverse and complex caseload. FBI Special Agents with cyber skills combat global cyber threats, partner with international law enforcement, and protect the nation's critical cyber infrastructure.
Special Agent Minimum Requirements:
- Must be between the ages of 23 and 36 1/2
- Must have a bachelor's degree from a U.S accredited college/university
- Must have three (3) years of full-time work experience in one or more of the area(s) listed below**
- Must be available for assignment anywhere in the FBI's jurisdiction
- Must be in excellent physical condition with the ability to pass a rigorous physical fitness test
- Must meet all other requirements for the Special Agent position
- Only applicants who possess 2-3 years of technical work experiences (based on requirements) in the FBI preferred areas will be eligible to apply to the Special Agent(Cyber) posting. Applicants must possess a four-year degree* from a college or university accredited by one of the regional or national institutional associations recognized by the United States Secretary of Education.
- Applicants must hold US Citizenship
*Note: Applicants with non-technical degrees (liberal arts, etc.) are eligible to apply for the Special Agent (Cyber) posting. However, applicants must demonstrate technical work experience and/or certifications to move forward in the process.
**Preferred Work Experiences:
Computer Network Administration
Computer Network Architecture/Design
Computer Technical Support
Other highly technical computer experience including, but not limited to: Malware Analysis, Network Administration, Network Security Auditing, Network Traffic Analysis, Working with SCADA/ICS Systems, Digital Forensics, and/or Ethical Hacking