As part of Infosecurity’s ‘Life of...’ series, this webinar will look at the role of consultants who specialise in social engineering and human behaviour as it relates to cybersecurity.
The social engineer is often a highly-skilled, highly-motivated adversary. As people and their working environment become more connected, hacking the human rather than the network is often the most effective route for an adversary. As any information security professional knows, the human is the weakest link in any defense strategy and consequently it is essential to understand how social engineers manipulate individuals and exploit security weaknesses.
Cybersecurity behavior experts are able to analyze and detect human behaviors and advise organizations and individuals how not to get stung by the social engineers.
In this roundtable webinar, we will bring together some leading experts to discuss this topic and talk about what it’s like to be a cybersecurity behaviour expert or social engineering consultant.
This session will include:
- What skills and training are needed to be a successful behaviour expert
- The main challenges of a social engineering consultant
- How to defend organizations and users from social engineering
- Understanding the policies, procedures and technologies that need to be in place to address the social engineering threat
- Advice on how users can be educated to protect themselves against behaviour-based attacks