Everyone talks about the economic imperative of cloud computing, but the issue of security in the brave new cloud-enabled world is the biggest inhibitor to the adoption of the public cloud model.
The security – and governance risk and compliance concerns – need to be addressed early in the strategic planning phase of cloud computing initiatives.
If they are not, then organisations stand a good chance of wiping out the cost benefits by having to build costly private cloud alternatives to public cloud offerings or by having to secure insecure platforms later in the project lifecycle.
Join us for an entertaining and informative webinar in which we'll explain how to develop a strategy for creating and maintaining a secure cloud environment from the outset.
Along the way, you'll learn about...
- How measuring and auditing security on a Software-as-a-Service platform can help lay the foundations of an effective cloud computing best practice and compliance strategy.
- Why understanding the audit process in a cloud environment can be so helpful when developing a long-term cloud security model
- The reasons why public cloud providers are reluctant to allow customers wide and deep access to their facilities, processes and people, to enable thorough audits - and how to counter this problem.
This webinar is for:
- IT professionals wanting to enter the new decade with a deeper understanding of cloud security issues
- IT managers looking to get a better ROI from their cloud security resources
- Business managers who want to develop an effective strategy to meet the compliance and security needs of a cloud computing platform
- Consultants looking for concise and effective information on what promises to be a key security topic for 2011
CISSPs, SSCPs and ISACA members can receive 1 CPE credit for attending each webinar. You can earn the credit by simply specifying your number on the registration form and correctly answering 3 multiple choice polling questions about the program at the end of the event.