Welcome to the world of security in 2011, when there doesn't seem to be enough time to plan your patches and update your defences. But if you change your strategy, you can raise your security defence game.
The problem: In today's always on, Web 2.0-connected work environment, end users often download unwanted and unknown applications without much concern for potential risk. Coupled with the fact that around 1.6 million new malware signatures are appearing every month and a rising tide of zero-day attacks, IT managers need to raise their security defences game. But whilst traditional endpoint security solutions are designed to deal with known attack vectors, there is no signature for zero-day threats.
The solution: Application control/whitelisting allows organisations to block unknown and unauthorised applications from executing by default and prevent zero-day attacks automatically. While application control has traditionally been used more in static environments, it has evolved to provide IT and end users with the necessary flexibility in even the most dynamic endpoint environments, improving security without impacting productivity.
You need information: This webinar will teach you:
- Why application control is a central plank of security planning
- How the issue of zero-day vulnerabities can be beaten
- Why regular IT security reviews and analyses are so central to today's digital defences
This webinar is for...
- IT professionals wanting to better understand the security issues that zero-day vulnerabilities now pose
- Managers looking to get up to speed on this increasingly important security issue
- IT workers looking to better protect their IT resources
- Anyone wanting to understand the nature of application control/whitelisting
CISSPs, SSCPs and ISACA members can receive 1 CPE credit for attending each webinar. You can earn the credit by simply specifying your number on the registration form and correctly answering 3 multiple choice polling questions about the program at the end of the event.