The CCIE Pre and Post Sales Technical Consultant provides highly skilled expertise on the design, implementation and support of large corporate network infrastructures covering both LANs and WANs and wireless networks, working at a detailed level on all major network device types (to include but not restricted to; routers, multi-layer switches, firewalls, VPN and security devices). Specialisation in the HP Networking portfolio of products and services is required. This role is a combined pre sales and post sales delivery role allowing the ability to work on projects, bids and tenders through the full lifecycle from initial consultation and design to implementation and handover.
Main Duties of the Job:
• Determining and managing client requirements, defining and selecting appropriate solutions.
• Translating client’s business requirements into technical solution designs. Understanding the client’s area of business, the competitive landscape, the market challenges and specific business challenges to be addressed and proposing solutions to overcome these challenges while conferring competitive advantage to the clients business.
• Experience in communicating with internal / external stakeholder with the ability to lead client meetings from a technical design perspective to drive an appropriate design. The ability to influence throughout the life cycle enable delivery of a compliant solution.
• Working internally as part of an overall project team with, and supporting other Pre and Post-Sales Consultants from different technology streams, Account Managers and Project Managers to ensure smooth delivery of projects.
• 10+ years experience in a role as an expert networking consultant and pre-sales representative providing high level technical consultancy in the design and implementation of multivendor networks.
• Successful track record and experience in bidding on complex networking tenders.
• Solid academic background with excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with strong presentational skills.
• Ability to negotiate with, and influence clients.
• Contributes to development of complex communication systems, including the areas of investigation, analysis, specification, design, construction, testing, maintenance, upgrade and migration
• Eligibility to gain SC accreditation is required.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
Detailed knowledge and relevant accreditations are required in the following topics from products, marketplace and business practice perspectives. Primary expertise in networking, designing secure, resilient network solutions from both an architectural and integration perspective, with technologies including but not limited to:
• Design and Configuration of Cisco Routing and switching portfolio with experience and hands on implementation of Nexus and UCS being a distinct advantage
• Knowledge of HP Networking (previously Procurve, 3Com, H3C Devices) and HP Wireless product portfolio, design and configuration.
• Professional certification is essential. Mandatory: Cisco Full CCIE in Routing and switching and mobility. Desirable: Cisco CCDP, CCNP Security
• Minimum of 5 years experience in designing, implementing, optimizing and supporting large corporate networks
• Up-to-date knowledge of industry offerings and their potential uses within the business
• Other vendor knowledge and experience (F5, HP, Brocade, Aruba, Checkpoint)
• Technologies, protocols and communication standards (eg. Ethernet, 100BaseT, ISDN, TCP/IP suite, VLSM, VLANs, RIP1&2, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, SNMP,)
• Experience in network design and IP addressing architectures
• Expertise in implementing and troubleshooting data networks
• Knowledge of Cisco CAT 6500’s and FWSM’s would be desirable
• Experience/use of virtualisation
• Familiar with the design, implementation and operation of data VPN solutions
• Familiar with cabling standards and specifications (eg. UTP category 5&6, single and multi mode fibre)
• Use of NetformX/DesignExpert (or other comparable tools) to perform network audits and optimization desirable
• Experience of implementing and fault finding remote access solutions
• Some knowledge of the operation of e-commerce based solutions including knowledge of SSL and load balancing technologies
• Familiar with the design and implementation of DNS/DHCP/WINS services
• Good working knowledge of implementing Change and Incident solutions within ITIL V3 processes and procedures.
• Knowledge of network analysers and their use (eg. network sniffers)
• Knowledge of Server and PC operating systems