My client is an ever expanding brand within the world of IT Security and IT Support & integration. They currently need a proven support engineer to work within their Reading office providing a array of support across Network and Network Security, specifically with CheckPoint products.
You will act as part of a support team responsible for dealing with 2nd and 3rd tier tickets that require pro-active internal analysis prior to vendor escalation.
You day to day tasks will include:
- Telephone support of products and toolsets – in-depth support, not just writing rules, more technical troubleshooting.
- Vetting & sign off of design documents
- Replication of customer issues prior to vendor escalation
- Test lab maintenance and development
Your previous skills and technical ability should include
- Check Point Firewall-1 R7X (2nd and 3rd line Support)
- Check Point Endpoint E80.X (2nd and 3rd line Support)
- Prior experience of installing Check Point Firewall-1 into customer sites and be familiar with NGX and R70 and revisions of the software
- Prior Experience of installing Check Point Software on Nokia and Secure Platform environments into customer sites
- F5 - Experience of providing telephone support and remote service such as i-rule development
- RSA - Experience of providing telephone based support at a 2nd line level for the Authentication manager range of products
- Websense - Experience in installing and/or supporting customer sites and be familiar with the standalone, ISA/Active Directory implementations, V-series appliances and Cloud based service
- Sourcefire - Exposure of the Sourcefire IPS/IDS systems
The support team operates on a 24/7 basis with escalation for priority calls only. All applications would be required to participate in a 1 week on 3 Weeks off out of hour’s rota to deal with any priority tickets (on a average they receiving 1 OOH ticket every 2 weeks
Please note candidates will be expected to go through 2 stages of interview, the second being a technical test, ranging from network diagrams through to specific product knowledge, focussed in the case on CheckPoint.